Friday, January 8, 2010

{Jan 8: My Claire}

Today I stood in my kitchen and cried when I opened my mail. No, it wasn't a bill or bad news. It was the most wonderful surprise. One of my former students from Rochester, Minnesota sent me a card and pictures in the mail. Claire was one of the students in my Early Childhood Special Education class. She was and always will be one of my favorite kids ever. Claire was born with Down Syndrome, but she hasn't let that stop her. As I stood with tears running down my cheeks, I remembered back to the days when we worked so hard on making the C and L in her name and now she is writing sentences and paragraphs! I still can't believe that Claire is in 3rd grade, almost 10 years old. For any difference I made in Claire's life, she made ten times the impact on mine. She is a beautiful girl inside and out and no matter how old, she will always be "My Claire".

No comments:

Post a Comment